Our Toronto dentists may place a dental implant as part of the process to replace a missing tooth and preserve your oral health.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a small titanium screw that simulates the function of a natural tooth root. The implant is surgically placed into the jaw bone and then bonds with the natural bone to serve as an anchor for a tooth replacement. Dental implants, together with a tooth replacement, look and feel like natural teeth.
Benefits of Implants
Dental implants can be used to replace a single lost tooth or many missing teeth and can address a number of oral health issues, including:
- Preventing surrounding teeth from shifting
- Resolving jaw joint pain or bite issues
- Improving chewing, speech and digestion
- Restoring aesthetics and facial tissues
How Implants Work
Your dentist will first place the titanium screw into the jaw bone. Next, your dentist will attach the abutment and tooth replacement to the screw, creating the appearance and function of a natural tooth.
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Tuesday: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Wednesday: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Thursday: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Friday: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm*
- Sunday: Closed