At York Lanes Dental Office, our Toronto dentists perform endodontics, also known as root canals, to repair damaged or diseased teeth.
What is a Root Canal?
A root canal is a procedure where your dentist removes damaged nerves (pulp) from the inside of a tooth. Once the pulp is removed, your dentist fills the space with a filling, or covers it with a dental crown to help restore the tooth's function.
Reasons for a Root Canal
Without a root canal, damaged teeth will die and need to be pulled by a dentist. A root canal helps to relieve any symptoms caused by the damage and prevents the need for an extraction.
Signs & Symptoms
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, it may mean you need a root canal, but be sure to visit your dentist for a proper diagnosis.
- A recurring abscess (or pimple) on the gums
- Sensitivity to heat and cold
- Severe tooth pain
- Swelling and/or tenderness
- Darkening of the tooth
LocationYork Lanes Dental Office
- Monday:08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Tuesday:08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Wednesday:08:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Thursday:08:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Friday:08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday:08:00 am - 03:00 pm