Dental Emergency? We offer extended hours so you can get care when you need it. Get Help
At York Lanes Dental Office, our Toronto dentists perform endodontics, also known as root canals, to repair damaged or diseased teeth.
What is a Root Canal?
A root canal is a procedure where your dentist removes damaged nerves (pulp) from the inside of a tooth. Once the pulp is removed, your dentist fills the space with a filling, or covers it with a dental crown to help restore the tooth's function.
Reasons for a Root Canal
Without a root canal, damaged teeth will die and need to be pulled by a dentist. A root canal helps to relieve any symptoms caused by the damage and prevents the need for an extraction.
Signs & Symptoms
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, it may mean you need a root canal, but be sure to visit your dentist for a proper diagnosis.
- A recurring abscess (or pimple) on the gums
- Sensitivity to heat and cold
- Severe tooth pain
- Swelling and/or tenderness
- Darkening of the tooth
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 08:00 am - 09:00 pm
- Tuesday: 08:00 am - 09:00 pm
- Wednesday: 08:00 am - 09:00 pm
- Thursday: 08:00 am - 09:00 pm
- Friday: 08:00 am - 09:00 pm
- Saturday: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed