Extractions & Wisdom Teeth in North York
Our Toronto dentists perform tooth extractions and wisdom teeth removal when a tooth cannot be saved or is causing issues for your oral health.
What is a Tooth Extraction?
A tooth extraction is the removal of a tooth from the socket in the jaw bone. While it is always preferable to save a natural tooth, there are a number of reasons why a tooth extraction may be needed.
Reasons for an Extraction
If a tooth is too badly damaged to be saved by your dentist, it may need to be removed. Typical cases include:
- Excessive tooth damage caused by decay or injury
- An infected tooth nerve that cannot be repaired with a root canal
- Loose teeth caused by gum disease
- Preparation for other procedures like placing dentures
- Problematic wisdom teeth
Wisdom teeth, a third set of molars, grow in for some patients between age 17 and 25. These teeth can crowd the mouth and create issues for your oral health. In these cases, your dentist may remove them.
LocationYork Lanes Dental Office
80 York Boulevard, North York, ON M3J 1P3 CA
- Monday: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Tuesday: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Wednesday: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Thursday: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Friday: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed