The iTero Impression Scanner takes highly accurate digital images of a patient's mouth to help dentists diagnose orthodontic conditions and develop customized treatment plans.
The intraoral scanner features a wand, that a dentist can move around a patient's mouth to create 3D dental impressions of their bite.
The small wand design lets them scan hard-to-reach places in the back of the mouth.
iTero & Invisalign
Invisalign is a series of removable clear aligners that can help you achieve a straighter smile without traditional metal braces.
iTero is compatible with the Invisalign system and helps dentists plan orthodontic treatment plans.
iTero can also easily send the digital data it captures to Invisalign Technologies to create customized aligners.
The iTero Process
The process is easy and will take place during the planning phase of Invisalign treatment. Dentists start by using the iTero scanner to take complete 3D scans of a patient's entire mouth.
Next, they project this image on a computer screen to show how a patient's smile currently looks from all angles.
Then the iTero technology is used to exhibit a complete 3D simulation of what a patient's smile could look like once the Invisalign treatment is complete.
After the scans are finished they are sent electronically to Align Technologies so that they can start making the custom clear aligners.
Benefits of iTero
Dentists are able to create effective Invisalign treatment plans with the iTero intraoral scanner. There are a number of benefits of using the scanner during the treatment planning process.
- It helps dentists adjust treatment plans in real-time.
- It can store data digitally and easily share it with other professionals and third-party providers, like Invisalign.
- Shows patients how their smile looks before and after treatment.
- It helps make treatment efficient and convenient.
- Helps patients track their treatment progress along the way.
- Avoids the goopy mess of traditional impressions.